Monday, April 11, 2011

April

Keeping a blog is a real pain in the ass sometimes.  I'm not very good at it, I've never been good about writing about myself and/or thoughts, and it takes me way longer to write 3 paragraphs than it should.  I think my only dedicated readers are Josh, my mom and me when I google myself.

I have a few semi-important life updates:

1. I got a fellowship at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston) for 2012-13 in Breast Pathology.  This probably only means something to <0.0005% of the general population so I'll summarize the importance of this ... it's a big deal.  I'm really really happy that I will be able to work with, and learn from, some of the best physicians in my field.  It will be a truly wonderful year.   This also means we have to pack ourselves up and hike out to Boston for a year.  And then after that ... who knows?  It's really crazy to think that this long journey that started way back in 2000 when I graduated from college is almost over.  11 years is a long time.   To put it in some perspective, and potentially depress me, a lot of the people I race with were lucky if they were teenagers 11 years ago.   ... okay, next.

2. Well, I can't really share topic #2 yet.  It's really exciting and I'll definitely update when I can.  Suspense.  For the 0-2 people who read my blog, suspense is a good thing.  You pay money to watch a suspenseful movie for 2 hours and I'm giving it to you for free.  Enjoy!

3. The ERV track racing season is right around the corner, just about a month away!  It will be a great season and I'm really excited to get back out there again. 

And that my friends, sums up my life.  Pathology and track racing.  I've learned a lot over these past 10 or so years, one of the most important things being to chase what you love.  Determination and hard work will pay off in the end. 

1 comment:

Julie said...

Congrats, Val, that's awesome! As for suspense, though... I'm anti.